Get Ready for Spooky Season!
A cold autumn day, (no matter how far away) needs some warmth sometimes which is: Butternut squash soup!
We've all had those days where the cold is just cold enough that even the tips of your fingertips need some warmth. The thing is, you can cover yourself with jackets, scarves, and mittens, but sometimes there is that inherent need for some warmth in your stomach as well- which is what this recipe is all about! Butternut squash soup always pairs well with a cold, cloudy, and crisp day. This butternut squash soup is not only creamy, despite being cream-less, but it is fulfilling and just lovely to have in a pinch for some warmth.
curried butternut squash soup:
yields about 4-6 servings.
1. Large butternut squash- 6 cups, cubed small
2. quarter cup on olive oil
3. 1 quart of vegetable broth
4. a yellow onion, chopped
5. 4 cloves of garlic, minced
6. 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
7. 2 tablespoons of curry powder or paste (preferrably Madras)
8. Mae ploy chili garlic sauce; 1/4 cup
9. Lime juice; 2 tablespoons
10. unsweetened coconut milk 1 can (14 ounce)
11. salt and pepper to season
12. Fried shallots and cilantro for garnish, based on what you want on top
use olive oil, sauté onions for about 5 minutes in a pot on medium heat,
add butternut squash and stir
add ginger, garlic, and curry powder
Add a quart of vegetable broth
turn heat down, let simmer until butternut squash softens (15-20 min)
Add coconut milk, continue to simmer
add mae ploy and lime juice, remove from heat, blend in blender or immersion blender until smooth
serve with fried shallots and cilantro, check for seasoning with salt, pepper, etc. add as much as you deem necessary!
We hope you enjoy our lovely fall-special soup at home, with family, friends, or whomever you please!
Leave a Reply.