This Thanksgiving we want to give a special Thank You to all our clients, staff, family and friends for all your loyal and loving support of our business for 30 years!
Building authentic connections through thoughtful and creative foods, our professional relationships and giving back to our communities are cornerstones of Nola's Events, we love what we do!
Abundance can be shared in many ways, through food, conversation, companionship. These are great acts of celebrating what we have, what we feel grateful for and what we hope for others! This year we want to share with you a favorite holiday recipe and some pictures from a wonderful fundraising event that give us so much joy, all celebrating abundance, yours and ours.
Stuffed Baked Brie
Recipe for Stuffed Baked Brie
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
All-purpose flour, for rolling
1 round brie cheese (8 to 12 ounces, 5- to 7-inch diameter)
Jam or Chutney of choice
1 large egg, beaten
Fruit, Crackers, Baguette for serving
Baking sheet or pie plate
1. Thaw puff pastry (following instructions on box, usually about 45 minutes to an hour).
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 F
4. Top with your choice of jams or chutneys - some of our favorites are apricot, raspberry, fig and almond paste.
5. Roll out the puff pastry (dusting the work surface helps so that it doesn't stick) so that you can fold sides over the brie.
6. Beat egg to make an eggwash.
7. Place the stuffed brie in the center of your rolled out pastry and fold the sides over brie, short side first. You can add flair by overlapping the corners, twisting the dough as you bring it up to cover the brie. Be sure to seal brie and jam.
8. Brush the entire pastry with eggwash, especially at sides to seal.
9. Place on parchment lined baking sheet in pre-heated oven until golden brown. Let cool for several minutes after removing from the oven.
10. Surround with fruits and candied nuts. Serve with bread and/ or crackers.
* You can make ahead one day by skipping the eggwash step and putting in the refrigerator.
West Seattle Food Bank
We are so grateful for our neighbors, friends and communities that support worthy causes and love being a part of the celebrations and giving back. We had an absolutely fabulous time at the Great Gatsby themed fundraiser for the West Seattle Food Bank, who raised over $1,500!